Membership to PYP Seattle is by invitation only and is limited to 50 members. If you’ve received an invitation from a current member and you are interested in applying to become a member, please complete the following application steps. You will be added to our waitlist in the order your application and two letters of reference are received, so the sooner the better! Applicants will be notified when they are admitted off of the waitlist and must then complete our registration steps in order to secure a spot on our roster for the upcoming Grant Cycle.
New Member Application Steps:
- Complete the 2020 PYP Seattle New Member Application.
- Have two current PYP Seattle members submit letters of reference on your behalf to PYPSeattle@gmail.com. If you only know one current PYP Seattle member, have that member set up a lunch or coffee with another member so that you can get to know a second member.
- Once your application and two letters of reference are received, you will be added to our waitlist.
New Member Registration Steps:
- If you are notified by PYP Seattle that your application has been accepted, you must next complete our registration steps in order to secure your spot on our roster. Download and complete the 2020 Member Registration Form.
- Send a copy (jpg or pdf) of your signed 2020 Member Registration Form to PYPSeattle@gmail.com or mail it with your check. If your workplace or your spouse’s workplace matches funds, please let us know by checking the appropriate box on the registration form and we’ll follow up with you.
- Mail your check made out to Pitch Your Peers Seattle to the address on the Membership Registration Form. Minimum annual dues in the amount of $1,000 per member is required, however, members may choose to donate more than $1,000 in annual dues – donating generously to our local community through PYP ensures that your dollars will go to help local non-profits that have been vetted, researched, and collectively approved by our membership. Note that donation amounts will be kept anonymous and each member is only given one vote, regardless of the dues they pay. In addition, we require members to contribute a donation of $150 annually to PYP Seattle to help cover our expenses. All donation amounts (including the additional $150 contribution for expenses) can be combined and paid with one check made payable to Pitch Your Peers Seattle and are tax deductible (EIN 84-3341787).
- Submit your headshot by emailing a photo (jpg file) to PYPSeattle@gmail.com.